Monday, January 2, 2012

Let's talk like a child and increase understanding.

Let's talk like a child when communicating. Listening to my 2 year old grandson Liam today made me realize how easily understood he is. When he needs to communicate he states "I want it, I am hungry, I want down, I love you... When writing safety manuals and healthcare information perhaps we need to think more like a child. Simplify our message. Less words = more understanding, just like Liam. Plain English writing will create a simple statement that clarifies for many. Healthcare organizations are struggling to help their members and patients understand their options and treatments. When an illness hits a family even the brightest member will be overwhelmed by the overload of information given. Plain English, creative messaging and new ways to deliver the message will make a difference in comprehension and retention to the recipient. Adding value to the message by reducing the clutter or static within that message will result in increased loyalty and peace of mind for the reader. A winning outcome!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey leave me a comment.